Our volunteers enhance learning opportunities for students, while contributing to a safe and caring environment at Graminia School.
Volunteer opportunities are normally advertised in school and classroom newsletters, or you can contact teachers or library staff to inquire.
How to Become a Volunteer
As part of Parkland School Division Administrative Procedure 316, all volunteers are required to:
- Complete a Volunteer Registration Form
- Provide a Criminal Records Check
- Provide a Vulnerable Sector Check
- Sign a Confidentiality Agreement
Please review the Division Administrative Procedures regarding volunteers.
- AP 316: Volunteer Requirements and Vulnerable Sector Verification
- AP 318: Volunteer Community Coaches
Volunteers are required to:
- Park in “Visitor Parking” on the west side of the school.
- Maintain strict confidentiality regarding individual student progress and records.
- Refer discipline issues to the teacher.
- Direct concerns or suggestions to the teacher(s) involved or to the school administration.
- Sign in and out using the registration book in the General Office.
- Wear a “Volunteer lanyard/name tag” while at the school.
For more information contact: